The Mental Performance Index: Ranking the Best Teams in Super Bowl History
Author: John F. Murray, PhD
Publisher: Mental Performance Inc.
For More Information: www.JohnFMurray.com – 561-596-9898 – firstname.lastname@example.org
● What new scientific discovery is announced?
Before this book, team mental performance was simply never measured. By measuring this in all Super Bowls, and empirically showing how it separates winning teams from losing teams, this book makes the strongest case yet for sports psychology. This book clearly demonstrates how much mental performance matters … and it is titanic.
● Why do many still avoid working with a sports psychologist?
This book grapples with and answers that question, and introduces a paradigm shift in sports
by showing how essential mental coaching and mental performance is to winning.
● If all 90 Super Bowl teams could play one another in a mythical tournament,
which team would win?
By standardizing team performance with a new statistic called the MPI, teams can now be
compared across decades on how well they performed. This book reviews and rates every
Super Bowl team from this new perspective, then ranks teams across 28 categories of
performance. A new annual event is launched in which all teams compete to be the best
performing team of all time.
● What have we learned about success on the biggest stage of the Super Bowl?
This book provides the 45 essential lessons learned from each Super Bowl game that anyone
may now apply in their sports, businesses or personal life.
● What made San Francisco 49ers coach Bill Walsh so enormously successful?
This book offers rare insight into the mind and behavior of a coaching genius courtesy of
Lesley Visser’s epilogue. The 49ers produced 3 teams ranked in the top 6 of all time in this
book’s overall rankings, so Walsh earns this special chapter written by a pro football hall of
fame sportscaster who knew him well.
● What inspired the author to become a sports psychologist and later create a way to measure football team performance that included mental factors?
This book tells John F. Murray’s personal story with anecdotes from his youth and worldwide
travels that are compelling and entertaining.
● What can football coaches now do to improve their teams’ mental performance?
This book shows coaches how to identify their team’s greatest needs mentally and physically
and win more games using the MPI and sports psychology. Barriers to hiring a team
psychologist are discussed and eliminated.